Thursday, April 16, 2009

archiving

so, i'm going back through OLD old blogs that i've kept and neglected for years, and i found this private entry on my old open diary (if you want to see me at the end of my college days and up until, like 2005-ish, maybe? Open Diary, Kermit the Hermit is where it's at). apparently i wrote this somewhere between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college. and at this point, i honestly have ZERO clue who it was abuot.

enjoy the oddity...

Sonnet 1
the king of my dreams has a song for me
a requiem for my heart, long since laid to rest.
i trudge and sway in rhythym wearily
for it is the one that kills me the best
his vibrato elixir rejuvenates my soul
as if all at once i am in his arms
then as the sun sets in a silvery ball
i know that in that dark i'll be safe from harm.
can the sun not rise, nor the flowers upturn?
how can i escape that beautiful land
and why do i feel such a heartfelt burn
if e'er he dare brush my hand
if you can hold on to the truth in the day
then send yourself to love's warm bay.

No comments: