Tuesday, October 28, 2008

whilst avoiding the depressing task of searching for a job

i'm going to do this...thank you mr myers

What were you doing 20 years ago?
1. i was 7 and about midway through the first part of second grade.
2. i hated cursive and got a lot of bad grades for my shitty handwriting. this still applies.
3. gifted class was my favorite thing.
4. i had just done my first non-school play that summer. i got a bigger speaking part than my sister which was - for far too long - a secret source of pride for me.
5. i wore neon colors and leggings.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
1. first semester of my senior year of high school.
2. i was 17 and had just thrown a giant hissy-fit about not being cast in the one-act competition piece.
3. i started doing forensics tournaments for dramatic interpretation. it was super-fun. those 10 minutes of blanche dubois took me far...
4. i was sick of high school and unenthusiastic about looking for colleges.
5. i attributed my new, higher composite SAT score to my first TMBG concert which i saw on the same day that i took the test for the last time. this is still true.

On 9/11/01
woke up and went to my 'self-defense for women' class at 8am with my roommate. we drove separately because i had to get gas. the people in the gas station looked at me weird. when i came home, my roommate who i had been in class with ran outside and told me a plane hit the WTC. my other roommate's class was cancelled and she came home about when the second plane was hitting. so we went to my first roommate's fiancee's place because he had cable and we didn't even have bunny ears. watched tv in horror. made a bunch of phone calls. listened to the radio in horror. sort of laughed at congress singing god bless america on the steps of the capitol (still one of the most bizarre moments in american history). went to rehearsal, which got cancelled. hardly slept.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
1. i was 22 and 10 months out of college.
2. interning at the alliance theatre in the artistic department. this - although like my current job it didn't really pay...but moreso - was one of my all time favorite jobs.
3. i was about to start working at starbucks. what a fucking nightmare.
4. still not over my ex-boyfriend at this point.
5. living with my dear friend erin in vinings who was teaching and getting ready to get married.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
1. pouting about something, i'm sure.
2. getting ready to move to my current apartment.
3. hating my job, but had just made the deciscion to leave when i started in on the holocaust tour. which was then but 4 months away.
4. goofing off.
5. wondering what the hell it was i was supposed to be doing.
6. looking forward to dancing on the grave of 2007.

What did you do yesterday?
1. work 8:30 - 2
2. napped too long 2:15-3:45
3. went to oakland with lara for a special halloween tour/froze my ass off 4:30-ish to 6:40-ish
4. CAMPUS workshop 7 - 9
5. nonsemble workshop 9 - 11:30
6. made dinner (or lunch, or breakfast..whatever) 12:30. though, i guess that's today.
7. crashed 2

What will you do today?
1. worked 8:30 - 2
2. changed my flat-ass tire 2:15-2:40
3. dicked around on the internet 3-3:45
4. went to gas station, dad's garage, therapy, and the atm 3:45 - 6
5. napped 6 - 7
6. grocery store 7:30
7. started laundry and made a little dinner 8:30
8. i'll probably look for a job soon and sleep at some point.

What will you do tomorrow?
1. work 8:30 - 2
2. look for a job/hopefully work out 2:15 - 5:00
3. probably nap a little 5-6
4. quick dinner 6-6:30
5. TA class 6:45 - 9:15
6. dick around until i pass out/figure out halloween costume-age

No comments: